The amount of times I have asked myself “what the fuck am I doing” & “what is my passion” over the last 6 months is nothing short of incredibly annoying and destructive. Truthfully, I have been going through my own crisis over here.
(ok, that sounds overly dramatic but I am going to stop judging myself and just write)
Some days I am screaming inside because this part of me just wants to be expressed and she is furious that I keep sabotaging her…
- This part of me wants to stop being busy & rushing to goals and instead enjoy the journey and be in the moment
- This part of me wants to step into being the naked thought-leader and share my knowledge in a way that blurs the lines between personal & professional
- This part of me wants to put herself first & reclaim her beauty, pleasure, and fun in her life
Some days I am depressed because it feels as if everything I know is irrelevant and that the changes I desire are miles away…
- It feels good to say that, because I do have those days; and now I catch myself worrying that all the coaches will feel the desire to start coaching and healing me. What I really need is to just express this openly and in doing so will move through it.
- But in saying that, I am the coach I need to protect myself from. Since I am the only one that can make myself feel this way and my “Mrs. Fix-it” side is one hell of a coach but sometimes she forgets I am human.
And other days I feel strong, excited, beautiful, totally happy, & as if everything is unfolding just as it is supposed to…
- Those are the days I stop pushing and start allowing, stop rushing and start enjoying, and stop planning and start doing.
- When I am naked and give myself full permission to be open and truthful about how I am feeling, it can magically make what seems so big and confusing be a beautiful gift.
I am telling you this because I have a deep belief that being NAKED (aka: unapologetically you…yes, that is vulnerable) is the most transformative form of LEADERSHIP.
It does not matter if you are leading your clients and business, your family and friends, your community groups, or yourself I believe it is necessary to share yourself openly (in the mess & the beauty).
I have noticed the more we trap ourselves into having to have it all together, worrying about what people think, and being “professional” the more we distort our magic and dim our light.
So “what the fuck am I doing” & “what is my passion” are two questions I have banned for a while because being a leader is not something I need to think about or plan for or calculate. It is who I want to be & how I want to feel; and as a result have an impact on this world.
This is where I officially EXPOSE the NAKED LEADER REVOLUTION. We have dressed it in “grow your business” and “get more clients” and it is time we get naked about the work we do.
We are creating a revolution of leaders (and therefore ripple effect into the people) who are REAL, RAW, & VULNERABLE and that choose to lead with the entire truth of who they are; on & off stage. In doing so, here is a glimpse of what happens:
- You free yourself to be WHO YOU ARE & from worrying about what people think.
- You transform what you are most ashamed or scared of, because that is the only reason you are not leading this way now.
- You become the most transformational leader you can be & connect more deeply then you thought possible with the people you want to serve.
- The ripple effect into your personal life is what is most profound and unexpected, you finally fill that emptiness and lingering loneliness because you learn how to really share yourself and connect with those that matter most.
I would love to hear from you, as a leader (in whatever way that is for you) what is the biggest way you tend to worry about what people will think? This might be obvious or this might be sneaky. Let us know by leaving your comments below & please, if you have someone in your life that is craving this new wave of being please share this with them.
MAKE IT A NAKED DAY,